Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Beach



I really, really love the beach. Beach cities can seem so hectic, with the traffic and the noise, but once I reach the sand and surf, I feel completely relaxed. I have made it our first priority to get to the beach for a little bit, everyday this week. I have felt so much better after going. My skin is warm and sandy, the knots in my muscles have relaxed, and I am sleepy and calm. This is why I needed to get away from Vegas for a while. My life, my mind, and those same muscles were just getting too tense. This trip has allowed me to focus on 2 things that usually get put on the back burner. First, uninterrupted time with my son. Watching him experience things such as today's outdoor farmer's market, and being the only one to do so, made me feel like I was given a special privilege because I am his mother. Second, allowing some creative time for myself. That time doesn't exist at home because there is always something else for some one else that I have to do. Nap time for Wyatt has meant scrapbook time for me. And I love it. It has empowered me to schedule this creative time into my "real" life somehow. Can't wait for another wonderful day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

How fun for you. Enjoy every minute!!

Kelly said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying your vacation. I'm jealous! I wish I could be sitting on the beach basking in the sun, but I better get back to packing we leave on Saturday!

Unknown said...

I am so completely and totally jealous. I was thinking the other day how nice it would be to just get away with the kids and have zero agenda, zero commitments, zero stress and 100% fun! Don't forget to schedule me in some of your scrapbook times when you get back :)

Who Is Visiting Today?