Monday, March 16, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover Day ... Oh, Heck, I Have No Idea!

I've been out to the house twice now since my last post! It is amazing how fast that house is getting finished, and yet, they still say that they are behind! I'm not sure by how much, and I'm choosing not to think about it. I'm not even working on it, and it gives me an ulcer!

Sunday was our "VIP" day. Byron's mother and nephew came with us, where me met my mother and grandmother there as well. So it was a real family day! We got there around 2 PM, thinking we'd stay for an hour. Wyatt and I didn't leave until 8 PM! Once you get there, it is soooo hard to leave! It is just fascinating to watch. Poor Wyatt, who never falls asleep anywhere but his crib, and occasionally his stroller, was out like a light, despite all the noise! It must have been family day for other people too, because there were so many kids there. One girl would not leave Wyatt alone. She would get him so relied up, I wanted to kill her! I cannot stand annoying children!

But, I digress, work wise, the outside stone and brick was up, the stucco was painted, we watched a complete driveway get paved in a matter of minutes, and a wall completely built in a matter of a few hours. Some of the designers were out being taped.

Though they were scheduled to work, there was no work for KB Plumbing to do. So we all left together. The good side, Byron was able to sleep a decent amount. The bad side, so much work left to do. But you can't be in a bathroom if tiles are being put in, and you can't put in tile if the walls aren't painted!

Saturday there was a relaxed atmosphere. Sunday was hot, stressed, and frantic. We did what we could to stay out of the way, but help if it was needed. I was the official Wright Family picture taker, and I helped Anjuli run whatever errands I could. Oh, and she made me and my big mouth make a fool out of myself to get the crowd cheering again. We knew the "black shirts" were stressed when one of them asked me to stop because the workers were "frustrated and stressed and I was distracting them." Yes sir! (BTW, the "back shirts" are all the head guys, like Byron is the "black shirt" over plumbing. He knew better than to try to shut me up!)

I've gotten to be buddies with the architect, Quinn. He thought my big mouth was funny. As we were walking down to dinner last night I told him Wyatt was watching the news and saw the house on TV. Wyatt told me, "That's a cool house!" Quinn laughed as I related the story. And he said, "I'm so glad he thinks that. Hold on, I think everyone should know!" Quinn grabs his mic attached to an ear piece and says, "Hey everybody, here's an opinion from someone really important. Buddy, tell what what you think about the house." He aims the mic at Wyatt and Wyatt says, "Cool House!" All the "black shirts" heard it and they all respond back to Quinn how great it was to hear that!

Today, we weren't even supposed to go out there, but Byron needed his black shirt (it was dirty) and I wanted to take more pictures. We were just going to be there for an hour. But we stayed for 3! Oh well! The plumbers seemed to be relaxed. They don't seemed stressed that their job isn't going to get done, which is a relief! Last I checked, the yard seemed finished, might need some final touches. I could see cabinets up inside. Work was still being done on the roof.

I got some good shots of Ty. He seemed very rushed today. I'm not sure when he got in, he wasn't there yesterday. A lot more filming going on than before. Even some friends of mine were extras in a shot. Go Sam!

So, we're hot, dusty, and tired. Wyatt has zonked out, and after a load of laundry and straightening up downstairs, I may do the same. The big reveal is tomorrow! We'll see how it goes!

Channel 13 doesn't have any updates from today, but here is yesterday's newscast, and the pictures I took from yesterday and today! Be prepared for picture overload!



















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang, I can't believe I missed Ty!

Leigh said...

AWESOME photos. What a fun adventure to be a part of. We have loved following all that's been going on...thanks for all the updates :)

Who Is Visiting Today?