Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We're Back!

Well, don't get me wrong, we had a great trip, but I don't think we could have packed anything more in three days than what we did. Three fun filled days with no nap for Wyatt, not my first choice, but we survived. Thursday was spent at Legoland. Wyatt was able to see a Thomas the Train and a Bob the Builder made entirely out of legos. We went on all sorts of rides. However, most rides Wyatt was one inch too short for, so we came up with a solution. We put a diaper under his hat so he would be tall enough. It bugged me that they wouldn't let Wyatt ride on our lap, so all 5 of us could ride together. It was fun, but I was disappointed in the lack of cleanliness. I knew it wouldn't be as magical as Disneyland, but it never occurred to anyone to wash off the spiderwebs and keep the over sized Lego blocks clean and shiny. Everything looked faded and old. We were so tired, we took a dip in the hotel pool and then ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, where Byron taught Wyatt the finer points of flirting with the waitress. It must have worked because the waitress gave Wyatt a freshly baked cookie.

Friday we went to the beach, and if I had it my way, we would have spent everyday there. Wyatt loved building sandcastles and splashing in the water. Before we knew it, it was 3:00 in the afternoon. I think Wyatt and I could have stayed there until the sun went down. The salt water must have been in our systems still by dinner time because we were craving sea food, clams to be more specific. Taking the advice of the concierge, we headed to the Fish Market in Del Mar. We stuffed ourselves with clams and scallops, and just when I thought I couldn't fit anymore food into my tummy, I discovered they had creme brulee, my favorite! Needless to say, I'm a diet right now to make up for the weekend.

Saturday we decided to go to the San Diego Zoo, which I'm glad we did, because Wyatt loved it. I think his favorite animals were the elephants and the hippos, probably because they were the biggest to see! He was able to get so close to the hippo, and would get so disappointed when it would swim away. We bought him his own little hippo ("hippopatinus" as Wyatt says) to have all to himself. We ended the day with a train ride on the Balboa Park train and a picnic dinner of chicken and potato salad on La Jolla Beach at sunset. Byron was able to get some great pictures of Wyatt and we even got some nice family pictures with the sunset in the background.

I was sad to go home on Sunday. I didn't feel rested at all, and I knew another visit to the beach would be fun, but all good things must come to an end! Enjoy the pictures, there will be more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seriously...vacations to recover from vacations should be mandatory! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Who Is Visiting Today?