Sunday, July 20, 2008

Let's all breathe in...and out...





Whew, we are doing much better. Wyatt has slept through the night the past 2 nights, with little mouth pain and no screaming. The soars are still in his mouth, but he is healing. Now it is a matter of keeping Wyatt entertained since we can't responsibly go anywhere without taking the chance of infecting an innocent bystander with this foot and mouth disease. Though Wyatt getting this sick is something I never want to do again, we have had some fun in our quarantined home. We've been decorating cookies, making sand art, even building forts to watch "Go Diego Go!" inside while I convince Wyatt to eat anything soft and drink Pediasure shakes. He actually ate some dutch babies this morning, so we were thrilled. We've gotten lots of phone calls from concerned friends (Thanks!) and a visit from Gramma Jeri. She even got in the fort to read books!

It is miserable to see your son so sick and confused. But I'm counting my blessings. He is getting better, and during all this I get to spend some time just having fun with him. It has been nice to shut out the world for awhile. These are things that I am grateful for. So many other mothers have to deal with so much more, and they hold their heads up high. They somehow find peace and know that they are good moms. I hope I can feel that way someday. I think that the way I can get there is to stop complaining about the bad stuff that happens, and just take care of my family, enjoy them, and do my best. I hope the people that I love will recognize that.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

that is good he is feeling better, i know the bitter sweet of that though, i know the only time i get snuglles anymore from my big boys is when they are sick!!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing better. Hang in there!!!

Who Is Visiting Today?