So, always being a teacher at heart, I was excited for Spring to come, so Wyatt and I could plant cute little seeds in cute little pots and watch them grow. Wyatt had a great time digging in the soil and looking at the seeds. He became quite concerned with the soil on his hands, however. But I'm taking that as a sign that he has a very clean mother who wants to keep her son healthy, and not that fact that I am a neat freak and my son has to look perfect at all times. 
So I thought, "How cute would it be if I take pictures of our cute little plants every now and then for our blog, and everyone can see how Wyatt's seeds are doing?" Well, Wyatt wanted to see how his seeds were doing this morning and dumped his cute little pots all over my kitchen rug. That's what I get for doing laundry! He wasn't in tears, but I could tell that Wyatt was very concerned about what had happened. He knew his innocent plan if looking at his flowers (which by the way, is so cute that he can't understand why the flowers haven't grown yet) didn't quite turn out the way he wanted. So, we cleaned up the soil, put everything back into the cute little pots, but our outcome could be very different now. I may have chives with my marigolds and marigolds with my zinnias. Oh well, Wyatt will still learn about seeds, and roots, and stems, and blossoms, no matter what plant comes out of which cute little pot. And a plus side of the soil falling out everywhere, one seed did already sprout, so Wyatt was able to examine it. Would never of happened if that seed stayed safe and warm in the pot!

No comments:
Post a Comment