Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wyatt...the Public Speaker

Does anyone think my posts have been quite "Wyatt" heavy lately? Oh well! Get ready for another one! Wyatt was asked to say a scripture and give a prayer in Primary today. We practiced all week long. Some days he'd say it, other days he'd roll his eyes at me and say, "Oh honey!" (BTW, that is my new name now, Honey. I do not remember when the last time was that Wyatt called me Mom. I am Honey or Hon. "You wanna play with me, Hon?" "HONEY! Where you are? Upstairs or down?")

But, today he said it perfectly, with very little help. Once I got him started, Wyatt said the rest. Below is what he said, and then for my non-member friends, I'll translate.

"Beweeve God, 'ternal sauder, in his son, Jesus Christ, in the Holy Gwost...da sirst ardicle of sase."

Translation: "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost...The First Article of Faith."

Wyatt then went on to say the prayer, which was a normal little prayer, asking God for the kids to be good, thankful for Primary, yadda yadda yadda. But my favorite part was when Wyatt must have realized what the microphone did to his voice which he then said, "I'm thankful my voice is very loud and you can all hear me." Wyatt, I'm thankful everyone could hear you too! You did a great job!

4 comments:

stampinjul said...

We are ALL laughing at our house!!! That cute little Wyatt!! I'd keep him if I were you! ;)

stampinjul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I just LOVE Wyatt, he's just says it like it is!

Chris & Jessi said...

Thats awesome!

Who Is Visiting Today?